jueves, 6 de febrero de 2014

Paying my off my debt - Molasses’ Pumpkin Bread

I’M ALIVE, I’M ALIVE! 

Yup, I’ve been MIA from blogging lately but rest assured folks, I’m back and have lots to talk about. We’ve been on vacation to Hatfield McCoy Trailsriding 4-wheelers….we held a benefit for a great friend and co-worker of mine…. planted a garden….. did some turkey hunting…. just plain living and enjoying the spring weather.

So back to paying off my debt...this benefit I helped coordinate, well we had one of my employees design the flyer to advertise the benefit since you know….he’s a graphic artist and all. So he did…and didn’t charge us a dime for his time. 

But he did have one request….I had to make him pumpkin bread with pudding on top. So let me clarify what he means….I need to bake the bread three-quarters way done, leaving the top un-baked because he likes the “pudding” on top…. AKA unbaked bread batter. I ask no questions. 

Molasses’ Pumpkin Bread

3-1/2 cups flour
2-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 – 16oz can pumpkin
1 cup oil
4 eggs

* Preheat oven to 350*
* Grease and flour (2) 9x5x3 loaf pans
* In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside
* In a separate bowl, stir together pumpkin and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition. Set aside
* Make a well in the center of the flour mix and add the pumpkin mix in.
* Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. 
* Pour into pans.
* Bake at 350* for 1 hour (or 45 min. for pudding top).
* Let cool 10 min then turn onto racks.

So now you are probably wondering why is this called Molasses' Pumpkin Bread….and there’s no molasses used in the bread. Well, most of my employees have been nicknamed by me. My one employee that did the flyer for us….I call Molasses. He earned it because…..yes, he is slow as molasses. The boy has one speed….slowwwwwww


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.